Top tips on how to maximise your time at the BMJ Live
Here are our top tips on how to get the best out of attending the 2020 BMJ Live. This multi-stream free two-day event features a range of free seminar courses (including time management, leadership and more) to wellbeing and career development, plus access to over 80 exhibitors and recruiters all under one roof!
Through our premium content, we are also offering a range of Masterclass courses. BMJ Masterclasses is the UK’s trusted source for expert-led clinical CPD covering the latest guidelines, leadership skills, and wellbeing. There are 7 streams to choose from and you can tailor-your agenda and mix and match the sessions most relevant to you. You will also receive complimentary access to BMJ Live.
Before you arrive
- Interested in attending the free seminar programme? Make sure you have registered and booked your chosen sessions to guarantee a place
- Browse the list of exhibitors/recruiters who will be attending, and take note of those that you’d like to meet
- Want to meet our career advisors? Update your CV and print out a few copies to bring along
At BMJ Live
- Head over to our CV checking and Careers advice session to book a free one-to-one slot with one of our expert advisors. These are popular and will sell out fast!
- Interested in new career opportunities? Check out the jobs board for Live vacancies, and add those recruiters to your list of stands to visit.
- Have a look to see if any of your chosen exhibitors/recruiters are hosting a seminar – attending their session will give you an overview of what they do, and help start the conversation.
- Stands will be busiest in the breaks, but many of our seminars are repeated throughout the day. Think about how you can best balance your time between both. View the seminar programme: [INSERT LINK]
Top tips for engaging with recruiters/exhibitors
- Prepare a brief introduction on who you are and what sort of role you are looking for to kick off the conversation
- Bring along enough copies of your CV so you can talk through your experience in more detail.
- Prepare a few relevant questions to ask so you can tell if the position will be right for you
- Find out what the next steps are in the application process, and make sure to get the name and contact details of the person you connected with
After the event
- Follow the recruiters advice for applying for any of their roles, follow up in a timely manner, ideally within a few days
- Send a quick follow up correspondence to the people you connected with within 24 hours.
- Download the slides from any seminars you attended, and make a note of your next steps. Review these actions in 2 months time to see if you have been able to implement them.
My Personal Agenda
When you register you can select your seminar sessions. This will be emailed in your confirmation email, and can be updated at anytime. If you are not attending the seminar sessions, to help you plan and get the best out of your time at BMJ Live, we have also provided a personal agenda template to allow you to start planning your day. This template can be used to decide which exhibitors you wish to meet and if you plan to book a 1-2-1 slot with our expert career advisors around your confirmed seminar sessions.
Registering your place
Early booking is highly recommended to guarantee your place on the free seminar sessions you wish to attend. These will prove highly popular and will be prioritised for those delegates who have signed up.
By pre-registering early, you will be notified first about new programme updates, keynote announcements, the latest speakers/exhibitors, giving you time to update your tailored agenda. Latest programme updates at [INSERT LINK]
See what else is on offer at BMJ Live.