Date: Friday 4 October 2019
Audience: Clinical Pharmacists working in General Practice
Also relevant for: Community Pharmacists looking to move into General Practice and Nurse Practitioners
Limited time to register – prices from £180
A GP practice serving around 30,000 patients can expect to issue half a million prescriptions a year. They will have 1,000 patients on more than eight medicines, there is a potential prescription error rate of 5%.* Following the success of the NHS England pilot scheme, more and more pharmacists are moving into general practice to help deliver care for their communities. Working in primary care can be an exciting and rewarding experience, but learning how to manage new types of consultation as well as keeping up to date with the latest guidance and evidence can be a challenge.
Whether you have recently transferred into a GP practice, or have been a practice pharmacist for a while, our brand new Masterclass will support you with the skills you need to manage the range of conditions you see on a daily basis.
Developed by pharmacists and delivered by experts in the field, the sessions will focus on how to lead the consultation with confidence, how to carry out examinations, what red flags to look out for and when to refer. Our experts don’t just quote the guidelines, through interactive cases they’ll show you how they relate to your patients so you can apply what you’ve learned the very next day.
- CPD certificate
- Expert speakers who give you practical tips on how to interpret the latest guidelines and evidence in your practice
- Interactive voting – make decisions on cases as you would in your practice and see if your peers and our speakers agree
- Dedicated question time with the experts – quiz them on a tricky condition, or get advice on how to manage a specific patient
- The opportunity to discuss key topics with colleagues
- 6 month subscription to BMJ Best Practice & BMJ Learning